Getting started with ERICA Tool
OS: 32/64 bit Windows 7/8.1/10 or later; 128 MB RAM (Recommended: 512 MB RAM or greater); At least 205 MB of free hard disk space (notice that this version included the Java RE to allow running the tool on PCs that are reluctant to install the Java update.)
Download and install ERICA
Go to the download page and login to access the registered user page. Click on Download button and the browser will prompt you to run or save the installation file.
Do one of the following:
- To start the installation immediately, click Run, and after downloading, follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
- Choose Save to copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time. To install, simply double click on the setup.exe file and follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
Note: During installation, if you face with the warning screen “Windows Protected Your PC”, find and click on the More info. This will reveal the complete filename of the app, the ERICA installer (ERICA-XXX_setup.exe) that you are trying to run, and beneath it you will see the app’s publisher. The ERICA tool is not registered with any publisher, so it is listed as “Unknown publisher”. You only need to make sure that you are running the right installer (ERICA-XXX_setup.exe) you download from the link above. If everything looks good, you can click on the new “Run anyway” button at the bottom of the window.
Start ERICA Assessment Tool
To open ERICA, select the Start or Search button, type ERICA Assessment Tool, and then select the right version of the Tool in the search results.
Create a new project
- Press the New button on the Buttons Bar or from the File menu, choose New Project.
- You are prompted to provide a name. Type in the desired project name and press Ok.
- To the left is the Project Tree with the new created project selected.
Start your assessment
- Provide the basic information and select the start point of the assessment. You are free to start at any tier.
- Use the controls on the bottom right hand corner to complete steps in your assessment. Click the Next button once the screen has been completed to move to the next screen. Click the Back button to return to the previous screen for modifications or to check the information entered. Click Help button to open the help section of the current screen.
File Menu Actions
- File/Save Saves the currently open project with all changes made. If the file is new and has not yet been saved, Save File dialog will appear; this allows the user to enter the project name and select the directory.
- File/Save As Same as File/Save but allows the user to choose a new project name and save the project in other location.
- File/Open Displays an Open dialog to load a saved project with extension ‘.eca’. The Save and Save As dialog works like any other file dialog in your system. You can also create directories and delete or rename files in the Save dialog. The project files have the extension ‘.eca’ You will be asked whether to save all changed files before program closes.
Save the current project
- Press the Save button on the Buttons Bar. This saves the active project.
- If an asterisk is displayed beside the project name, the project has changed since it was opened or last saved.
Change between projects
- Double click on the project you want to edit. Or Right click on the project and choose Edit.
- From the Help menu choose Contact. This launches the message compose window of the default mail client. Eventuality a log.txt file can be attached to the massage; or
- Send your comments using our online form.
ERICA Tool on my computer
- Where are the directories for the ERICA database and assessment files on my computer?
When starting Erica Assessment Tool at first time, you are prompted to choose a directory to store the ERICA database and a directory to store your assessments. The default locations for those directories are:
"C:\Users\«user-name»\Documents\ERICA 2.0\My ERICA 2.0 Assessments"
"C:\Users\«user-name»\Documents\ERICA 2.0\My ERICA 2.0 Database"
You can select a different location for those directories.
- Which Version of ERICA Tool Are You Using?
You can always verify with which tool version you are working by selecting About from the Help menu.
This launches a message like: ERICA Assessment Tool 2.0.xxx (xxx is the build version).